Your creation could go here!
Submit your Sandbox Creations for a chance to see them temporarily added into the Pop1 Evolving Map.
Layout and Flow
Pop1 is best when areas are open and movement is easy. Large buildings and structures with multiple floors are allowed, but keep in mind, players are able to climb everything.
- Rooms should have at least 2 ways in/out (no dead ends).
- Don’t overwhelm the player with too many options or confusing paths.
- No small rooms/hallways, low ceilings, or other cramped spaces.
- No easy camping positions or abusable power positions (consider line of sight).
- No empty, barren spaces that entirely lack cover.
- Use the minimal amount of props necessary and avoid clutter.
- The only allowed gameplay objects are Jump Pads.
- If Jump Pads are used, they must be used sparingly and not be overpowered.
- The BigBox VR team will add the necessary loot spawns since Battle Royale uses a special loot format.
- Other gameplay objects may be included in the submission, but they will be stripped out automatically.
Sandbox Creations can be goofy, exaggerated, or fantastical, but should be grounded in reality. It should feel like someone could build this creation in real life, even if it’s not entirely functional or realistic.
Avoid abstract or nonsensical layouts. Read “Submission Rules” below for other specific requirements.
Use the current Sandbox Region or other map locations as examples and inspiration.
Submitted Sandbox Creations must be performant enough to be added for Battle Royale.
Pop1 Battle Royale maps use techniques such as baking down meshes into large chunks and batching textures together. This tech makes Pop1 run as fast as possible and allows for the large battle arena to run efficiently.
This process is not something that Sandbox Builders will be able to test themselves. However, here are a few general guidelines can be used to improve performance:
- Spread out high-budget Buildables.
- Limit dense groups of Buildables, including the simple Shapes.
- Only use trees when absolutely needed.
Build your own measuring stick out of 1 x 1 meter blocks and group them to check the correct specs:
- Maximum Width and Depth is 150 by 150 blocks.
- Maximum Height is 50 blocks.
- Larger creations may be submitted, but will be trimmed as needed to the correct size.
- You may use any terrain/template to start, but keep in mind, the terrain will be removed when your creation is added to the Evolving Map.
If your Sandbox Creation is selected, expect the following:
- Your Sandbox Creation temporarily featured in the Pop1 Evolving Map for 6-8 weeks
- Your Pop1 username temporarily credited within the game for 6-8 weeks
- An exclusive Player Title for the 6-8 weeks while the Sandbox Creation is featured
How will the featured Sandbox Creation be selected?
The BigBox VR team will review submissions on a rolling basis and make their selection(s) in their sole and absolute discretion. The BigBox VR team reserves the right not to select any content submitted for this opportunity.
Steps to Submit
- Create a new request HERE
- Set “Subject” to: “[Evolving Map Sandbox Submission] Your Creation Name”
Note: Replace “Your Creation Name” with the title of your Sandbox Creation. Please match it exactly as it appears in-game.
- Set the “How can we help you today?” drop down to “Evolving Map Sandbox Submission”
- Use the “Description” section to add any notes or clarifications about your creation.
- Set the "Username" section to exactly match your in-game username.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, and each will be reviewed independently.
- No updates will be accepted after submission.
- Make sure you are happy with your creation before submitting as any changes made after submission time are not guaranteed to be included.
- All submissions must be original work.
- If any real life references or other external inspirations are used, please save those references and disclose them to BigBox VR at the time of submission.
- Sandbox Creations must adhere to the Population: One Code of Conduct
- BigBox VR reserves the right to take down your Sandbox Creation at any time.
- BigBox VR reserves the right to change the rules and guidelines of the Evolving Map Sandbox Submission at any time.
- BigBox VR reserves the right to modify the submitted Sandbox Creation to fit the guidelines or for any other reason at their sole and absolute discretion.
As always, at BigBox VR we love learning and getting feedback from all of you on the things we build, and this is no different.
Our hope is this inspires more creativity within Sandbox and appropriately recognizes the incredible work coming out of our already amazing Sandbox Community.